The results obtained in the research project have been presented at major conferences in the field, and appear as publications in the proceedings of these conferences, as well as in major journals of the field (see Publications).
In addition, the PI and the coPI have undertaken the following dissemination and outreach activities:
- Invited talk at the 19th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT 2016), Bordeaux, France, in July 2016.
- Invited talk at the Logic Seminar of the Computer Science Department of Stanford University in June 2016.
- Invited talk at the Computer Science Department of the University of Marseille, France, in July 2016.
- Invited lecture on “Logics of Dependence and Independence” at the Dagstuhl Seminar in June 2015 and at the 10th International Computer Science Symposium in Russia (CSR 2015) in July 2015.
- Invited lecture at the 4th CSLI Workshop on Logic, Rationality & Intelligent Interaction (May 2015).
- Invited lecture at the Bogazici University Logic Seminar, Istanbul, Turkey in August 2015.
- Co-chaired the program committee of the 9th International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems (RR 2015), which took place in August 2015. This conference, together with the associated Reasoning Web (RW 2015) summer school, offers a venue for dissemination and education in the area of rule based systems and web data management.
- Invited lecture on “An interpolation theorem for first-order formulas with relational access restrictions” at Workshop on the Future of Logic in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. [slides]
- Invited 10-hour course on “Logic and Computation” at the 3rd East Asian School on Logic, Language, and Computation, which took place at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
- Invited four-hour tutorial on “Logic and Databases” at the 1st EATCS Summer School for Young Researchers at Telc, Czech Republic.
- Invited two-hour “tutorial on database dependencies” at the Dependence Logic Workshop at the KNAW Academy Colloquium, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Invited talk on “schema mappings and data examples” at the 5th International Symposium on Games, Automata, Logics, and Automated Verfication (GandALF 2014), Verona, Italy, 2014.
- 7.5 hour course on “modern database dependency theory” at the 2014 European Summer School on Logic, Language and Information in Tuebingen, Germany. [slides]
- Co-organized a four-day workshop on querying and reasoning under expressive constraints in Dagstuhl, Germany.
- Invited lectures at the Workshop on the Future of Logic in September 2014, the UC Berkeley Logic Colloquium in November 2014.
- 3 hour tutorial on “schema mappings and data examples” at the 16th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT).
- 1.5 hour invited lecture on “the foundations and applications of schema mappings” in the Dagstuhl Seminar on Dependence Logic and Applications.
- 1 hour invited lecture on “the Query Containment Problem: Set Semantics vs. Bag Semantics” at the 7th Alberto Mendelzon International Workshop on Foundations of Data Management (AMW).
- 1 hour invited lecture on “schema mappings and data examples” at the 10th International Tbilisi Symposium on Language, Logic and Computation (TbiLLC 2013) in Gudauri, Georgia.